Wednesday 11 March 2015

Cole's Bike Trail

On the last day of February, me and my family went to Silverstream on a train for the bike event called Bike The Trail. Before the event started at 10:00, we went to McDonalds for breakfast. I got an apple pie, so did my mum. My dad got nothing and my little brother got a bacon and egg muffin. When I went to pay for the food, I saw the Mc Cafe's macaroons and my mum said next time we went to McDonalds we could get one so I did but instead of one 1 Macroon I got 4. 3 chocolate, for my dad, my brother and I, and 1 strawberry for my mum. The race was starting and my family and I were off and it was 15 km for the track and it was a while but worth it. About a quarter way from the starting line we were biking next to the Hutt River and we had seen a man who had a white and black Husky. Me and my dad had so stop and wait for my slow mum and brother, about halfway we had a stop for a snack. When we were about 9 km away from the finish we stopped for a drink, mum said that she had seen a lady tip over the front of her bike and her face was bleeding like big time. I got really tired when we were about 9.1km away from the finish but then I spotted a yellow sign saying 8km to go,keep biking! So I biked as hard as I could and then I knew where I was, I was at the one of the bridges that I have biked before. Then I saw another person and he said to us you are 2km away from the finish keep going! Then I had seen a green hill and then a big black tunnel it was the finish on the other side, me and my dad waited for my mum and brother on the other side and we all crossed the finish line together. It was the best and longest bike ride I had ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment